Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Thank you for your love and support

July 7, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July weekend. We certainly had an interesting week. But that is the mission... It always sends you a curve ball.

So the last few weeks Hermana Saylin has been going back and forth to San Pedro Sula to get help with her knee. When she was in the MTC she tore her ACL playing soccer, and she had to return home for 4 months for surgery. In April she returned back on her mission and I had the wonderful opportunity to be her companion. But a few weeks ago she started having pains again in her knee. So she had an MRI and the results came back and showed that she has a torn meniscus. She is going home again to recuperate. I am really sad because she was an awesome companion. We will still be companions until the transfer meeting.

Last Wednesday, I got a call from the zone leaders, and they said I was going to be training again next transfer. So it will be interesting to find out where my next companion is from.  I went to the trainers meeting in La Ceiba. We saw Hermana Rosales at the trainers meeting. She and I will be the trainers for the next transfers. There will only be two new sisters coming in this time.

We had a crazy 4th of July. Hermana Saylin and I decided to dress up in red, white, and blue. Then since we are the secretaries of our zone we had a meeting with President Klein in El Progresso. We sang the national anthem in the chapel with him. I was surprised that I still remembered all the words. To top off the night, right next door to a members house in Mezapa they have a slaughter house for cows and they just happened to be killing cows that night. My companion and the other sisters really wanted to see the cows being killed. I wasn´t that interested. But I ended up seeing it. Let´s just say, I might never want to eat meat again in Honduras. 

Yesterday we had a really good lesson with the family Antunez. We can always feel the spirit so strong with them. We set a baptism date with them for the 16th of August. The parents have to get married. But I have faith that they will be able to so.

Thank you everyone for your love and support. 

Love,
Hermana Orgill


Where we baptize

No comments:

Post a Comment