Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

How precious is the Book of Mormon

Dear Family and Friends,

How was your week? I hope you all are doing well and are enjoying your summer. Things are kind of cooling off here Mezapa. It is raining a lot more. It is a nice break from the usually oven that is called Honduras.

Last week, we had transfers. I had to say goodbye to Hermana Saylin. That was a little bit rough. We had a great two transfers together. 

Fortunately, I have been blessed with another great new companion. Her name is Hermana Martinez and she is from San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Her mission is Mexico, Veracruz, and she will be serving here in Honduras until her visa comes through. 

This last week I read a talk that helped me a lot. Any one who knows me well, knows that I expect perfection from myself. And the high expections that I have for myself can often cause me to be discouraged and doubt my ability. Last week we were blessed to have the current issue of the Liahona delivered to us. I read a talk by Elder Gerrit W. Gong. He talked about what it means to become perfect. This talked helped me a lot understand about the meaning of being perfect.

This past week Hermana Martinez and I met a little girl. This little girl could talk about ninty miles a minute. In the lesson we taught her and her family we gave her a Book of Mormon. The next day we found her in the street and she said that she lost her Book of Mormon. During personal study we recived a text from our next door neighboors (the other sisters) and they said some was at the gate calling for us. It was the same little girl. She wanted the Book of Mormon. So I gave her another copy of the Book of Mormon. Sometimes I wish that adults would have the same desire to read the Book of Mormon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Orgill

Here is the link to the talk:

No comments:

Post a Comment