Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

My mission has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life but one of the most rewarding.

July 21, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

How are things going? I hope things are going well. I am staring at this computer screen trying to think of things to write about this week. I feel like a lot happened but I don´t know what to say.

It looks like this week we will be going to San Pedro Sula for the visa of Hermana Martinez. Right now it is pretty unsure how long she will be serving here before she leaves for Mexico. I hope she will be here at least for one transfer. If not I probably will be in another trio and trios seem to be my thing on the mission.

Right now we have six people with a date to be baptized. I am praying that all these baptisms will go through. Recently it seems like when we get close to baptism it falls through. But I am determined to help in every way possible while still respecting their agency. 

Things are going really well in Mezapa. Many people are starting to progress. The seeds that were planted with Hermana Rosales and Hermana Saylin are finally beginning to look like they are ready for the Harvest.

This past week we went to Naranjo for a Friendship Night (Noche de Hermanamiento) that the branch was hosting. I think it was a 4 to 6 mile walk from Mezapa. We were able to walk from Mezapa to Naranjo in about 40 minutes.

This whole past week, I  seem to be more exhausted than normal the last little while. I hear sometimes when it is getting close to finishing a mission, that you tend to be more tired. I am thinking that might be happening to be. But we did do some more strenuous than normal things this week ( like walk to Naranjo and two service projects on Saturday). 

I am grateful for the power of the Atonement in my life. I am grateful to be here on a mission. The mission has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life but one of the most rewarding. There is nothing like feeling the spirit working through me to testify of Jesus Christ. 

Something I have learned on my the mission is when there is fear there is no faith. For example when I am afraid to speak to someone. I can´t speak Spanish. But when I trust that this work is not my own but the work of Christ... I can feel the spirit work through me and my Spanish improves.

Trust in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It will lead to Salvation.

I want to send my condolences to the Sadler Family.

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Orgill


Lindsey attending specialized training from President Klein. She is the third from the left on the front row.

No comments:

Post a Comment