Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Being with President Klein was wonderful as always...

Mar. 31, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a special treat this week. I am currently in El Porvenir with Hermana Carpentar doing divisions. (El Porvenir was my first area!) I will be here until Wednesday. I will make sure to write more about my experience here next week.
Last week we were hardly  ever in our area. We  had many meetings, a wonderful meeting with President Klein, a meeting with the church doctor of Central America, and the Stake Celebration of the birthday of the Relief Society,
The reunion with President Klein was wonderful as always. Sometimes I feel like I am the most fortunate missionary to have him as my president. But I am sure that all the other missions have wonderful presidents also. He taught us how we can focus our efforts to be more effective missionaries. He also spoke about the importance of personal goal setting. After this meeting, I made the goal to teach 900 lessons before the end of my mission. I'll let you know how my progress is going.
The meeting with the doctor was good. He talked about how we can be healthier here in Honduras. It is a little bit hard to be healthy here because all the food is made with shortening or cooked in shortening or lard. But we will try.
The Relief Society Birthday celebration is a bit different  in Honduras. They had the sisters dress up as pioneers and they played games about the parable of the talents. We were also fed  a lot of rice.  It was a great activity and the sisters really enjoyed it.
We are still working to get Keyla and Jose married. I think this week we will finally be able to get their papers. I know they have a desire to be baptized. I know they will be baptized one day soon.
I hope everyone is looking forward to General conference. I know I am . Here is a link to one of my favorite talks:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/personal-strength-through-the-atonement-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng
I can't believe this Thursday  marks one year in the mission field. I can not believe how fast the time has past by. But I know the Lord has been with me every step of the way.

Thank you for all your love and support.
Love,
Hermana Orgill 

No comments:

Post a Comment