Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Little Miracles

Mar. 10, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

I believe the mission to be a very humbling experience. Once I feel like I know what I am doing, I am shown that I am nothing compared to God and that I  am constantly learning that I need to rely on God in every moment. 

I find Sundays to be one of my most stressful days. It is day when all the work we put in throughout the week is put to the test. It is the day to see if the investigators will come to church. It is the day to see if members will come back to church after long periods of being lost. It is the day that we pray that the spirit will be in the Sacrament Meeting. 

Yesterday day was one Sunday where I saw the little miracles come to pass. Hermana Tamani and I got up and left the house, like we usually do every Sunday, to go pick up the investigators. We went to every single investigator who promised  that they could go to church with us. Unfortunately, when it came time to go to church none of our investigators could come. So--- we went to church alone. When church began it was nearly empty. There was probably fewer than 15 people there including the six missionaries. I was praying in my heart that more people would come. I felt the peace and the love of a Loving Heavenly Father as I sat there. 

Then the miracles started coming. One recent convert, who said she couldn't come, walked in and another recent convert who hadn't been to church for a month walked in. Yesterday we had all of our recent converts in church. A family of less actives walked in to church. (We have been teaching them, but I wasn't expecting them to come to church.) Last of all, Keyla and Jose came to church! I was so worried that we wouldn't have any investigators, and when they walked in, I began to cry! (Tears of joy, of course!)

Yesterday taught me to trust in the Lord. It also taught me that my strength comes from him. Last week I also had the opportunity to read two wonderful 2013 general conference talks. If you have the time... look them up (the links are provided below).



Thank you for all of your love and support!

Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill 

No comments:

Post a Comment