Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

The missionary object is --"Invite others to come unto Christ..."

Feb. 24, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been a roller coaster of a week.  I had the great opportunity to hear Elder Amado of the seventy speak. A fun fact about Elder Amado is he is currently the seventy that has served the longest.

Last Wednesday, my zone and 2 other zones went to Progresso to hear Elder Amado. We spent nearly four hours hearing him speak but the time just flew by. His emphasis was on our role as missionaries. He wants us to evaluate the use of every moment of our time. For example we should ask ourselves will this planned activity help us with the missionary objective. The missionary object is --"Invite others to come unto Christ by helping themreceive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghostand enduring to the end."

After the meeting, I felt recharged and ready to teach the gospel. It was a wonderful opportunity to hear the Word of God and listen to our leaders.

This week we had a hamburger activity to help raise the money for our investigators Kayla and Jose so they can get married. Unfortunately we only raised enough money to pay for the supplies. Today we went to the municipal to ask questions about the papers needed and unfortunately we might have to delay the wedding for another year. A few weeks ago we went to the municipal and they said that it wasn´t necessary to have a photo ID that a birth certificate was sufficient. Today we went to the municipal and they said that they need a photo ID to get married. The problem is that one of them doesn´t have a photo ID and the wait time for a photo ID is six months to one year. So our plan now is to have them apply for their photo ID this week and wait. I guess this is another trial of our patience.

Thank you everyone for your love and support. I am doing well. Next Monday will be transfer calls. I hope I don´t have to transfer. I love serving in Morazan.

Love,
Hermana Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment