Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My companion and I went to Pollolandia and had fried chicken and french fries. It was a pretty good lunch but nothing like my mother´s cooking.Tuesday, December 3, 2013
The Winter of Olanchito
Dec. 3, 2013
Last Friday it started to rain and it rained for three days straight. At first the rain felt good but after a while it started to get cold. (Not ¨Rexburg´´ cold, but humid cold from all the rain.) The worst part about the rain is the people here like to sleep when it is raining. It is really hard to teach lessons on rainy days.
On Saturday Morning, we got up really early and went to help an investigator make corn tortillas so she would be able to come to Church on Sunday. She is a really amazing woman. Every morning she makes 250 tortillas to sell. Two tortillas sell for 1 limpira. (About five cents) We spent three hours helping her make tortillas. When we got back to the house on Saturday, we saw we had a message from the Zone Leaders. They informed us that Hermana Alejandro and I would be trainers the next transfer and that on Monday we would need to go to a meeting in La Ceiba.
On Sunday, the investigator that we helped make tortillas, was able to come to Church and we had most of our recent converts at church too. It was really a miracle. One of our biggest problems here in this ward is keeping everyone active after baptism.
Yesterday we went to La Ceiba for the trainers meeting. I talked a little bit with President Klein and he said this would be my last transfer in Olanchito. I have no idea where I will be going and I am going to be training. Which probably means I am going to open a new area. That should be an adventure!
I hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season. Maryori, one of our investigators, will be baptized this week. We have been working with her for a while. Thank you everyone for your love and support!
Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment