Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Milking and feeding cows...

Dec. 9, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas Season. It is kind of weird being in Honduras during this time of year. Sometimes I half forget that it is December because it is so different here than it is in Utah. I guess that is a good thing though, because it makes it easier to be far from home during this Christmas time.
I hope everyone had the chance to watch the Christmas Devotional. I watched it in Spanish but the music was English. I don´t know why but the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sounded more heavenly then ever. Maybe in the mission I am learning to appreciate the great things that I have at home.
This week we had the opportunity to see two investigators baptized.

The second investigator was an investigator that I started teaching in August. Her name is Nicole. She had a baptism date for September but in September she decided that she didn´t want to be baptised. At times I thought we were wasting our time continuing to visit her but I had a feeling that we needed to continue visiting her. Then a few weeks ago our area split  and the house of Nicole lies in the area of the other Hermanas. With the help of the other Hermanas, Nicole was baptized Sunday morning before church. It was a great experience to see Nicole take this great step in her life.
This Wednesday is transfers. I have no idea where I will be going next. It should be an adventure. Thank you Mom and Dad for the birthday and Christmas packages. When you see the snow outside, think of me, because I miss the snow.
Lots of Love,
Hermana Orgill

The branch had a special dinner for the missionaries. These are called catrachas.  Fried corn tortillas topped with refried beans, cheese and catsup.

Feeding Aleor



No comments:

Post a Comment