Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Preparation Day Indiana Jones Style

Dec. 16, 2013

Dearest Family and Friends,
I hope you are doing well. A lot has happened since I last wrote. I am currently located in Morazan and have a new companion that I am training. Her name is Hermana Laureano and she is from the Dominican Republic.
First I am going to back track to the days before transfers. Last Monday night, Hermana Alejandro planned a surprize farwell family home evening for me. It was really nice of her planning this for me but I kind of felt really weird with a night centered on me. I didn´t really like all the attention on me, but I appreciated that she was kind enough to think about me.
On Tuesday, I finished saying goodbye to everyone in Olanchito and spent the night quickly packing to get ready for transfers. We left Olanchito at 3 in the morning to arrive at the transfer meeting place on time. Yipee!!
As I have said, I have been transfered to Morazan. We don´t even have a branch in Morazan. We have an extension of a ward here. The ward is located about 1 hour and half away from Morazan. The people here meet together every Sunday in a member's house. One of the members of the bishopric lives here and he directs the meetings every Sunday. My question is why Morazan isn´t the branch, we have about fifty people in the meetings every Sunday. If we could have 80 members attend for four weeks in a row we could have our own meeting house here in Morazan.
The best part about serving in Morazan is the members. We have one member who  was baptized  about 3 months ago and  is the best missionary I have seen. She often takes us to visit her friends and if her friends aren´t home she starts talking to people on the street asking them if they would like a visit from the missionaries.
Today, as a zone, we went to a waterfalls. It was a pretty fun activity. The scenry reminded me of something you would see in an Indiana Jones movie... especially the insects.
Well I hope everyone is doing well. I love you. Mom and Dad I will keep you posted when I will call or skype you. I don´t know if I will be able to find someone with skype. I am excited to see what the next monday will bring, especially since it will be my birthday.
I love you so much!
Hermana Orgill 

My new companion Hermana Laureano (from the Dominican Republic)

Waterfall at Morazan

No comments:

Post a Comment