Thanksgiving (November 28, 2013)
Dearest Family and Friends,
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope every one is enjoying their Turkey and dressing. My companion and I will be going out for fried chicken today. (I haven´t seen a turkey in Honduras and sadly Thanksgiving is not celebrated here).
This week I have many things to be grateful for. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the opportunity to share the gospel here in Honduras. I am grateful for my wonderful supportive loving family. I am grateful for my many friends. I am grateful for my mission president and his wife. I am grateful for my companion Hermana Alejandro and all my other wonderful companions.
Many things have happen since I have last wrote. First off we changed houses. It was experience moving here in Honduras. I will send pictures. The crazy thing is we moved everything just using a little car! Thankfully we had a member helped us move.
Last week was the elections in Honduras. For the safety of the missionaries in Honduras the area presidency decided that the missionaries had to stay in their houses for three days, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We could only leave to go to church for one hour. We were not allowed to even put one foot outside the door. Thankfully, on Tuesday morning they said we could leave the house. Boy, were we ready to leave the house.
The work in the Bella Vista branch is picking up. I feel like that we don´t have enough time in the day to visit all the people that we need to visit. I don´t remember if last week I told you that they divided our area. Before they divided the area I felt it was hard to find people and teach. But now that our area is smaller, I feel like we don´t have enough time in the day to teach everyone. It is really great having a smaller area. I feel like we don´t waste as much time in traveling to appointments and we can teach more people.
No comments:
Post a Comment