Dec. 30, 2013
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed all those tamales! (Oh wait that might just be a tradition in Honduras. I may have forgotten what we eat for Christmas in the states... Haha)
Well this past week was a wild ride. First off I had an emergency transfer and I now am companions with Hermana Abrica. She is pretty awesome! We had transfers on Christmas Eve which was a little bit crazy. Hermana Abrica is from California but her family is from Mexico. She is close to finishing her mission. She will be heading home the end of January.
Christmas eve we ate dinner with a member. They gave us parts of a roasted pig. It is a tradition to roast a pig for Christmas here. On Christmas Day I had a wonderful time talking with my wonderful parents and afterwards my companion and I had a chicken dinner. The best part of the dinner for me was the french fries.
The day after Christmas we had a multizone conference where we watched the videos of the Navidad that we missionaries had made and President Klein then spoke to us. (Hermana Klein is in the states for the wedding reception of their daughter.)
The work is going really well in Morazan. We are finding a lot of new investigators and are teaching a lot of lessons.
Before I end this email... I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year 2014!
Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill
No comments:
Post a Comment