Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

¡Seis meses en la misión!

Sept. 30, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. This Thursday I will reach the big six month mark in the mission!!! I remember when this point seemed so far away... This general conference marks the year anniversary of my decision to go on a mission. A decision that changed my life.
I  have been thinking recently about missionary work and the influence that members have in missionary work. I remember praying for months before I decided to go on mission (if the mission was what God wanted me to do). In the mission field my perspective has completely changed. I want to share a scripture:
D&C 4:3
Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work
I know that not everyone can serve a full time mission, but those who can serve a full time mission I have a message. Choose to serve a mission. It is the best decision you can make. As this scriptures states that if you have a desire to serve God, you are called to the work. I know that there are a lot of missionaries in the mission field right now but we still need more missionaries. The branch, I am currently serving in, has a companionship of hermanas and a companionship of elders. But, our area is really big, we could use two or three more companionships of missionaries and there would still be a lot of work to be done.
For those who are not currently able to serve a full time mission. Help the full time missionaries in your area. I didn´t realize the importance of members in missionary work until I got in the field. Ninety percent of the time when a person is baptized it is because they have been referred by a member. I know we all know someone who is not a member of the church. I know the feeling of being afraid of sharing the gospel. Don´t be afraid! Missionary work is the work of salvation. Through missionary work we are helping the children of God learn about God and their Savior Jesus Christ.
Okay. I will get off my soap box about missionary work. I just want everyone to be able to share the gospel. I have seen how the gospel can change lives.
This week has been a really good week. I just want to say I love training. (I personally believe that every missionary should get the opportunity to train.) I have grown so much in my teaching abilities in the past weeks because I needed to train someone else to be a good missionary.) Hermana Alejandro is growing everyday. I love the opportunity to see her progress as a missionary.
On Wednesday, we had a baptism of a son of a recent convert. He wasn´t baptized with his mother because he wanted to be baptized on his birthday. His mother was so happy to see her son baptized.
On Thursday, Hermana Blanco and Hermana Abrica, came and went on divisions  (splits) with us. (Hermana Blanco and Hermana Abrica are the Sister Training Leaders for my area.) I went on divisions (splits) with Hermana Abrica. She is amazing! I learned so much about how to teach better from her. I look forward to every time I can go on divisions (splits). I always learn a little bit more about how to be a better missionary.
I am so excited for General Conference this week. General Conference is the best dessert for a missionary. I love that we get nourished by the word of  God every six months. (I almost wish that General Conference was every month)

Thank you for all your love and support. You are always in my prayers. I hope you are doing well. I hope to hear about your efforts in sharing the gospel.
Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment