October 21, 2013
Hola Famila y Amigos,
I hope everyone is doing well. First off, I need to give a birthday shoutout to a very special person! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY! I just want the world to know I have the best mother in the whole wide world! I hope you have a fantastic birthday this Thursday.
This week has been an interesting week. This week we took another trip to La Ceiba for new missionaries and their trainers. It was a really good reunion. President Klein talked to us about broadening our vision. He explained that if we only have a small vision of what we can do we will only be able to complete small things relating to missionary work. He explained that we need to have the vision that God has for each one of his children.
After this meeting with President Klein, I had a renewed sense of the importance of the missionary work. So I had a little bit of a crazy idea. In our house we have a list of all the relief society sisters. There are 277 sisters in the relief society but many are inactive. My crazy idea was to call all the sisters on this list that Hermana Alejandro and I didn´t know. That is exactly what we did. (Well, actually she did the talking on the telephone because my phobia of talking to people on the telephone hasn´t gone away. And it is a lot harder to talk to a person in spanish over the telephone than in person). Many of the numbers on the list didn´t work.
But we were able to find two inactive sisters. One lives in the area of the Elders but we found one sister in our area. So Hermana Alejandro and I went on a search to find this sister. From the directions we got from her mother on the telephone we found out that she lives next to some of the members in our branch. (I don´t know if I have ever describe what the addresses are like in Honduras. They don´t have addresses. Here is example: It is the blue house with a mango tree in front. Two blocks above the Pulperia Wendy.)
Hermana Alejandro and I asked many of the members in our branch that live close to where we thought she lived if they knew her. No one we talked to knew her. We spent about an hour trying to find her house. But we didn´t find her. But in the process we found a really great investigator. She tried to help us find the house and we asked if we could come visit her another day. We visited her yesterday. She has a really sweet spirit and I have a feeling that she will progress in the gospel. Maybe she is the reason we went on this wild goose chase.
I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week and if you see my Mom wish her a Happy Birthday!
Con Amor,
Hermana Orgill
P:S. Pulperias are little stores that people have in there house. There is a pulperia about every block. They sell items such as pop, chips, and cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment