Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The mission President's Wife Blog (see link)


Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I want to thank you for your love and support. To start off my letter I want to share a quote from President Monson. This is from April 2013 Priesthood session of General Conference.
“I hope you appreciate the sacrifices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve. Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one.”
I want to thank everyone for there love and support. I know that I am not alone in the mission field. I have many friends and family supporting me at home.  ¡Gracias!
I think this week I am going bring back the list. I find that my emails are more focused when I make a list. I guess it is just my math brain whose likes making lists.

1.       Proposal of Marriage
This week I had my very first marriage proposal.  But don´t worry I am not getting married anytime soon.  We had a ward activity and one of the persons attending the activity wanted to know if I wanted to marry him. Honduran men like to go after the American women for some reason. That is why Hermana Francisco and I take precautions because we stand out a lot in Honduras.

2.       Talent Night
Last Saturday the ward had a talent night. It was a very successful activity between the two sets of Hermanas we had 19 investigators attend the activity. lot of the members did dances, lip synced, and performed skits.  Even one of the investigators performed. It is kind of a funny story. Hermana Francisco and I were reminding an investigator about the talent show and he asked if he could sing a song. We of course said yes. He probably was one of the best acts in the show. Then he attend church for the first time yesterday. He really liked church and he thought it was wonderful that our church allows singing and dancing because a lot of the churches around here don´t allow that.

3.       The Baptism of the Elders in Santiago
Everytime the Elders in Santiago have a baptism, my companion and I have to prepare the baptism font because the Elders live about an hour away from the chapel. Last Saturday the Elders had a baptism. Last Saturday was a very busy day because we had to prepare the baptism for the Elders and get ready for the activity. The Misssion President decided to come this baptism. I hope he enjoyed the baptism. Another funny part is an eighty year old member of our ward asked if Hermana Klein was going to be baptism that day.

4.       Our Area
This week the president divided the area. This is good in some ways but a little bit sad. The president divided area between Hermana Francisco and I, and the sisters that live with us. It was getting to the point that the sisters living with us that it was just too dangerous for them to work in their old area. It is good because Hermana Francisco and I had too much to do in too little time but a bit bitter sweet because we lost a few of our best investigators to the other sisters.

5.       Black Water
One day last week  and the week before, black water started to come out of the pipes. One of the members said it was because they were cleaning out the pipes in the area. I hope that was it because it was pretty disgusting.

6.       Transfers
Transfers are next week. I hope I don´t have transfers nor Hermana Francisco. The work is just going so well here. Also because we have transfers next week I don´t know when I will be able to send another email anytime soon.

7.       The Mission Presidents Wife
Hermana Klein has a blog where she posts pictures of the missionaries. I believe the website is The Mission President's Wife Blog.

8.       Food in Honduras
I don´t know if I ever wrote about the food in Honduras. The food here is very healthy, and when I mean healthy I mean everything has shortening or lard in it. One of the members asked me what my favorite food is in Honduras. I replied, Balleadas and fried chicken. Balleadas are kind of like tacos. They have a special tortilla made with shortening, refried beans, a cream similar to sour cream. Sometimes if we are lucky the member adds eggs and avocados to the balleadas.

I love you.  Have a great week! 

The Mission President's Wife Blog

Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment