Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Right or Left

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you are doing well. This week has been a week of learning and growing together as a companionship. On Thursday we did exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. This was a good opportunity to see my strengths as a missionary and the areas I need to improve upon. I also believed it helped unify our companionship. After the exchanges, as a companionship we started teaching better together and our lessons started to be more powerful. We have had some really powerful lessons this past week.

I want to share one of our teaching experiences. Yesterday we taught a man named Ruben about the plan of salvation. The spirit in that lesson was so powerful, and I could tell that he could feel the spirit so strong in that lesson. Afterwards we invited him to pray. He would not do it. It breaks my heart because he rejected our message after I know he felt the spirit. That lesson we taught was one of the most powerful lesson I have ever taught. I think I understand how some of the Book of Mormon prophets felt when the people rejected their message.
As we all know, change always come. And those who know me know I hate change. Well this new change I don´t really hate but it is kind of different. The church has changed the side we put our name tags. Instead of the left side we now wear it on the right side. It is kind of weird because the Elders still have it on the left side because of location of their shirt pockets.
So this past week the person who we normally pay to make our lunch couldn´t make it for us. So we came up with creative solutions for our lunch. Last Thursday I made spaghetti, Honduras style. Actually I wanted to make normal spaghetti but my companions being Latinas don´t really consider the spaghetti I make to be normal. Because in Honduras they make their spaghetti with ketchup. I think they love ketchup more than Americans love ketchup. Well anyway we kind of compromised on the spaghetti. We used tomato sauce (not ketchup) and then mixed it with something like sour cream and sweat peppers. Afterwards my companions said they were surprised that I could cook. (Most Latins think that all Americans have cooks and maids).

I hope everyone has a good week. May God Always be with you.
Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill

The Baptism of Francis and Jose

The Wedding of Francis and Jose

Pictures of Honduras

Photo of Baptism of Gibelli (If you look carefully, I am in the photo. She was baptized after I left El Porvenir)

Hermana Orgill and her two companions standing in front of  Chapel (meeting house)

No comments:

Post a Comment