Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Greeting from Olanchito - Hermana Orgill's new area after transfer


Hello Family and Friends,

So I have been transferred. I never thought that it would be so hard to leave El Porvenir. When the transfer calls came I was speechless. I didn´t want to leave. Things were going so well in El Porvenir. I loved having Hermana Francisco as my companion. I loved the investigators and ward.
I have been transferred to Olanchito. Olanchito is about six hours away from El Porvenir. On Wednesday I took a bus from Progresso, (A city near El Porvenir) and went to Olanchito. 

Olanchito is beautiful. We are up in the mountains. Everyone says that Olanchito is very hot. I haven´t found it to be that hot. We use bicycles because the area is so large. And boy that has been an adventure. I get pretty tired everyday from using the bikes. Sometimes I wish we could just walk, but using the bikes is a lot faster than walking.

My new companions are Hermana Nunez and Hermana Calix. We are in a trio. Hermana Calix is a mini missionary. (Don´t worry if you haven´t heard of mini missionaries before. I haven´t heard of them before this transfer.) A mini missionary is a full time missionary that serves for a short period of time. Hermana Calix is serving a mini mission to see if her health can hold up to the rigor of a full time mission.

I am currently working in a branch in Olanchito. Although I am surprized that it is only a branch because the church attendance is really large for a branch. It is about the same as the attendance as the ward in El Porvenir. We meet in a small chapel. We have really good supportive leaders in the Branch. The are all willing to help.

I am still trying to get to know all the investigators here. It is hard changing areas. I felt in El Porvenir I understood the needs of my investigators. Right now I feel I barely know them.

Take care and may God Always be with you.

Love,

Hermana Orgill 

The Hermana's (sisters) met with Sister Klein for training

Hermana Orgill with the other Hermanas


Transfer day

The Elder's helped the Hermana's with their luggage.

Hermana Orgill with her two new companions

Ward activity in El Porvenir

Hermana Orgill with her bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment