Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A good week...

July 22, 2013


Dear Family and Friends,
I hope your past week has been as good as mine. I think this past week has been one of the best weeks in the mission so far. My mind is currently racing but I will try to get all of my thoughts down in this email.
First we had a wonderful baptism this week. The baptism was of a boy named Selvin. I have been working with him a while and his baptism was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have attended. His grandparents attended the service and the confirmation. His grandparents are not members of the church but his grandmother expressed the spirit she felt at the service. Hermana Francisco and I are going to start working with his grandparents.
Today was a P-day of Hermanas. It was a wonderful day with President and Sister Klein. We played some games and then the President and his wife shared words of wisdom with us. One of things that I like the most is that he wants to change the mindset of the missionaries. Because in the past it seemed like that we were baptizing to be baptizing. He wants are vision to be that we focus on the conversion and reactivating.
Yesterday the Hermanas from Ceiba stayed the night with us so they could attend the P-day of hermanas. So last night we had eight hermanas in the house. Hermana Francisco and I gave up our beds so we slept on the ground. I actually slept better than I thought I would.
One thing that the members have mentioned recently is that I seem happier. I agree. I don´t know why but I have more of a desire to be here than in the past. I truely feel right now that this is part of the Lord´s plan that I need to be in Honduras. I am grateful for my wonderful companion Hermana Francisco. I am grateful for President and Sister Klein. They are truely called of God. I am so grateful that I have been blessed with a wonderful family. Many people here in Honduras don´t have that blessing. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint is the true church of Jesus Christ here on the Earth. I know I am participating in His work.
Love,
Hermana Orgill 
Hermanas of The East Mission

Salvin (in white) after his Baptism

Another picture of Salvin

Lindsey putting together bunk beds

No comments:

Post a Comment