Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

I think I am becoming an expert in the marriage process in Honduras.


Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. This week has been an interesting week. To start off my companions and I went to a little town called Arenal which is about 2 hours away from Olanchito. Arenal is near the ocean but we didn´t see the ocean there. We went to Arenal to get the papers of one our investigator so he can get married in a few weeks.Have I mentioned how many crazy steps you have to go through just so a person can get married. My companions and I like to make fun the complexity of the process. I think I am becoming an expert in the marriage process in Honduras.
Last Friday we found out that Hermana Calix only has one week left in her mini mission. She is going to be leaving this Friday. The reason is because President Klein found out that mini missionaries can only serve for one month. She will be deeply missed after she leaves. She was sad because she will miss a baptism and wedding of one of investigators. But she might be able to come to them because her home is about two hours away from here.
My companions and I have found a new restaurant that we are in love with. It all began one day when the person who normally makes us lunch couldn´t make it for us for about two weeks. Right now we don´t have a refrigerator that currently works so we had start going out to eat for lunch. The place that we love to go to eat at is called Pollolandia. They have some of the best fried chicken and fries that I ever had in my life. But I probably won´t be going there that much because we can start eating with the member again. That is probably a good thing because the food there was really unhealthy.
The work is going well in Olanchito. We have a baptism  and wedding scheduled for a man named Hecor. He is a boyfriend of a less active girl who recently became reactivated. It is amazing to see his progress is these short few weeks.
This week President Klein will be visiting us on this upcoming Thursday. He wants to see our area and take us out to dinner! I will tell you more about this in my up coming letter.
May God ALWAYS be with you!
Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill 

No comments:

Post a Comment