Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

A Good Week in Honduras




Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. This week has been a pretty interesting week. First off today we went to Planeta for a zone p-day. The La Lima Zone is very different than it was before transfers. Our zone right now is about 50 percent sisters and there are many English speakers in the zone. Before we had more elders and not that many English speakers. Many of the missionaries in the zone right now are brand new missionaries. Today at our zone p-day we bought some twister milk. Twister milk is milk, bananas, and whatever else you can think to put in a drink with lots of sugar and ice. They are really good. This is the second time I have had a twister milk.
This week was a really good week with our investigators. One boy who is 14 years accepted baptism. I have been working with him for about 6 weeks now. He is really smart and loves the gospel. He even is thinking about serving a mission when he turns 18. We also teaching his friend who is a girl who is 15 years old. She loves the gospel a lot. She hasn´t accepted a baptism date but I feel that she is close to accepting. We started teaching a family. Before we were teaching the little boys but we felt we wanted to include the whole family. The mother attended church for the first time yesterday. Hopefully we can get the father to church. The mother and one of the sons accepted baptism.
I hope your fourth of July was a good one. It was kind of weird being in a different country for the fourth of July. My companion and I celebrated in the evening by singing songs about America. One of the members fixed fried chicken and potato salad for us on the fourth. My companion enjoyed the meal but I couldn´t eat it because my stomach was bothering me.
Our house got a little bit more crowded. Another companionship of sisters had to move into our house because where they were living was a little too dangerous. Our house is now really crowded and has a ton of stuff. We will see if this move is permanent or if the mission will find the sisters another place to live.
I want to share a quote by President Uchtdorf¨. This quote is from April General Conference 2013 --Priesthood Session :

``We have all seen a toddler learn to walk. He takes a small step and totters. He falls. Do we scold such an attempt? Of course not. What father would punish a toddler for stumbling? We encourage, we applaud, and we praise because with every small step, the child is becoming more like his parents.
Now, brethren, compared to the perfection of God, we mortals are scarcely more than awkward, faltering toddlers. But our loving Heavenly Father wants us to become more like Him, and, dear brethren, that should be our eternal goal too. God understands that we get there not in an instant but by taking one step at a time.
I do not believe in a God who would set up rules and commandments only to wait for us to fail so He could punish us. I believe in a Heavenly Father who is loving and caring and who rejoices in our every effort to stand tall and walk toward Him. Even when we stumble, He urges us not to be discouraged—never to give up or flee our allotted field of service—but to take courage, find our faith, and keep trying.´´
I really like this quote because it gives me perspective. I feel at times that I am a toddler who stumbles a lot but I have a loving Heavenly Father who wants me to return to him. I am his daughter and he loves me. I believe that he is more patient with me than I am with myself.
I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you everyone for your love and support. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve as a missionary. I know this church is true and he wants everyone on the earth to hear the glad news.
Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment