July 1, 2013
Dear Loved Ones,
I hope everyone is doing well. Last Friday, President Klein and his wife came and visited the La Lima Zone. He is a great man and his wife is awesome. His wife was a nurse for Primary Children´s Hospital and she is going to be the new nurse for the East mission. From that first visit with the president I can tell that he is a man called of God.
My companion Hermana Franisco is great. It is different having a companion from North America. It´s also really weird because for the first six weeks I hardly spoke any English but now when were in the house we speak English all the time. We have a rule that we speak Spanish in the streets and in the houses of investigators and members and in our house we speak English. She is also helping my Spanish by correcting when it is wrong. That is helping me a lot.
The work has kind been slow. Seems like we have to restart the work here because all of other investigators haven´t been progressing. For me it is kind of sad because all the people I have put my effort into just don´t have the desire to progress.
Last Thursday a really funny experience happened. That evening Hermana Francisco and I were some doing street contacting. I saw a big group of people sitting out side of a house. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to share the gospel. So I started talking to them, but they just seemed not interested. After about I minute we just left. Later Hermana Francisco explained that group was a church group of different denomination meeting together. Haha
May God Always Be With You!
Love,
Hermana Orgill
No comments:
Post a Comment