Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Little Utah

Hola,

I hope everything is going well. I want to congratulate Andrew and Brooke for the birth of Suliven and Huck.

Sister Francisco and I were talking about how our area is like a little Utah. Seems like everyone we talk to on the street is either an inactive member of the church or has a family member who belongs to the church. It´s kind of funny because this hardly ever happened when my companion Hermana Alvarez was here.

This week went really well. This friday we have a baptism planned for a boy named Selvin. I am really excited because he has been going to church and having the lessons for about six weeks now. He loves the gospel. We are also teaching two teenage girls. It is interesting because the youth in this area are more interested in the gospel than the adults.

One thing Hermana Francisco and I want to work on is teaching more families because it seems like the youth will accept the gospel but the parents will not. But our goal is to bring families to the gospel. One thing Hermana Francisco and I noticed is all of our progressing investigators are from referrals of the members. Although street contacting is good it is not as affective as referrals. We want to start working more closely with the members. 

This week we have some ¨Movie Nights¨ planned. We think this will be a good way to get some new investigators. The plan is to watch a church movie such as Finding Faith in Christ in the house of a member with their friends. We think this will be a great way to find some new investigators. 

Last week we started an English class.  Only six of the youth attended until they had to leave for a practice. This week we are going to advertise the class more heavily. Hopefully more will come and we can get some more investigators.

Today Hermana Francisco and I went to La Lima. We bought some things we needed and then we ate pizza. Let me tell you the pizza tasted great. I think after eating beans and rice day after day it is nice to have a bit of a change. I find that now that I am here in Honduras that I crave American food such as bread and french fries. Haha. 

I hope everyone has a great week!

Con Carino,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment