Hola Familia y Amigos,
I hope you are doing well. This week has been good. The top ten list worked
pretty well last week so I think I will do it again. Although I don't know if I
have enough items to talk about ten things. So it might be less then ten items.
1. There is Catholic School Nearby:
Behind the MTC there is a Catholic school and nuns run the school. I was
really excited when I saw a nun walking around. I had never seen a nun before.
She was dressed similar to the nuns in the Sound of Music! I know that's weird
thing to be excited about but you don't see those type of things in Utah.
2. I taught a REAL investigator
Okay I know I told you about Brian who I thought was an investigator but
who is really my teacher. This week I taught really did teach a real
investigator. So everyweek we do something called CRE. CRE is where we go
practice teaching members of our church, less active and active members, or
Latino missionaries. So my companion and I prepared a lesson for CRE expecting
to teach a less active member. When we first got there we were teaching a latino
missionary. But he had to leave early from our lesson. So me and my companion
were just sitting there waiting. Hermano Solano approaches us and tell us that
they just pulled a person of the street for us teach. My companion and I were
freaking out. So we taught a 19 girl from Guatemala named Jenny and she didn't
understand any English. Since we were not prepared to teach her we came up with
a lesson on the fly. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.
During the lesson I had a distinct impression to give her a copy of the Book of
Mormon. The only problem is we did not have a Book of Mormon to give her. So I
gave her my own copy of the Book Mormon in Spanish which also included the
Doctrine and Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price. Both myself and my
companion felt really good about the lesson. We probably won't see her again but
at least we planted a seed.
3.We had a birthday party for Hermano Solano!
Last Sunday was Hermano Solano´s birthday. So as a district we came up with
a way to celebrate his birthday. He was teaching us on last Saturday night so we
decided to do something special for him. Each member of the district came up
with something special to say to him in Spanish and then we each gave him a nice
little note. One of the Hermanas in my district had some candy that her mother
sent her in a package so we gave him some of the candy. We couldn´t do much for
his birthday but it was fun.
4. Tomorrow we will be the group that has been here the longest.
Tomorrow a group of missionaries are leaving and then on Wednesday more
missionaries are coming. After that group leaves tomorrow, my group will be the
ones who have been here the longest. Also this week I will have been at the MTC
a month. Isn't that crazy. I can't believe how time has flown by.
5. Sending me letters snail mail and Dear Elders:
This week is probably the last week to send me a letter through the postal
system or through pouch mail to get to me on time before I leave. After that
start sending letters to mission address. Also for Dear Elders submit them by
Sunday night for me to get them before I leave. After that point select Honduras
San Pedro Sula for dearelder.com instead of
the Guatemala MTC.
I love you hope you are doing well. I'll be leaving the MTC on May 14 for
Honduras! Yikes!
Con Amor,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill
No comments:
Post a Comment