June 2, 2014
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope you are enjoying your start of summer. I’ve have had summer for almost 14 months now. Crazy. So transfers came and I am staying in Mezapa with Hermana Saylin. I was pretty happy because I love working in Mezapa and I get along pretty well with Hermana Saylin. I was a little sad though because Hermana Rosales was transfered to Santa Rita. I loved our little trio. I have so many good memories of last transfer.
We had a great week. This last week proved to me that two gringas can get the work done. My spanish has progressed a lot. I am so proud that I don¨t need to rely on my latina companion to translate for me. (Miracles can happen.) There was a point in my mission, I was wondering if I would ever learn spanish. But guess what. I have! Well, I am not perfect or anything, but at least the average ¨catracho¨ can understand me. (Catracho is the name for someone from Honduras.)
So we didnt have a baptism last week. We are still working with Hermana Juaquina. I know she will be baptized someday. It will just take some time. Her friend Luis has a baptism date for this Saturday. He seems so prepared for the gospel.
A miracle happened yesterday! An inactive member, who swore that he never would return to church, came to church! Some of my favorite moments in the mission are helping those who are less active return to church!
Today we rode a bus for about an hour and half to buy groceries and eat at Pizza Hut as a district. It is pretty funny when the American missionaries today were saying that eating at a Pizza Hut is like eating at a fine dining restaurant. But that is Honduras for ya.
I've been reflecting on my mission and how I have changed as a person. I have felt at so many points in my mission that I have been in the refiners fire. But through the difficult points I know that Heavenly Father has changed me into a better person. My priorities have changed. I know that going on this mission was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share the message of Jesus Christ to the people here. I know God loves me and you. I have felt his love in so many ways. I know He does answer prayers. He is a God of Miracles!
I love you!
Hermana Orgill
No comments:
Post a Comment