Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

And my new area is...

Nov. 4, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,
After waiting what seemed like an eternity  for the district leader to call on Monday, we found out that neither Hermana Alejandro or I were being transferred. So.. I will be in Olanchito for at least another six weeks. This is going to be new for me. I have never been with a companion for more than one transfer. I am grateful for the opportunity to finish training Hermana Alejandro. 

This week the missionary work has been a little frustrating here. It is true that the people here in Honduras are very nice but sometimes they don´t like to say no. Many times people will say they will do something but never do it. I have become pretty cynical in the mission about people saying they will go to church or read The Book of Mormon. I wish people would say what they mean and not what they think I want to hear.  But enough about this rant...
Mom and Dad,  it sounds like you had a great opportunity to hear from Elder Perry this week. I believe there is a reason that the prophets are heavily urging us to do missionary work. I don´t remember a time when the focus has been so strong on missionary work. I truely believe that the Lord is hastening his work. I  truely hope and pray that everyone will take the opportunity to work in the vineyard of the Lord.
Here are a  few facts that I feel are interesting about Honduras and Olanchito.  I had planned to write this in previous letters but kept forgetting.

Fun Facts:
1. A person from Honduras is called a Catracho if they are male and Catracha if they are female.
2. People from Olanchito are called come jamo. This is because Jamo is a speciality dish from Olanchito. Jamo is an iguana.
3. Most of the people here are evangelicals. I thought there would be more Catholics. 
4. Bananas and Plantains are the most prominent foods here in Honduras. It is so prominent that a person can go to certain places and obtain plantains for free. I think I have tried every possible way a plantain can be prepared. (Let me say some ways are much better than others.)
I love you all so much.
Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill 

No comments:

Post a Comment