November 19,2013
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. This week has had it ups and downs but we ended on a really high note.
First off, we didn´t have P-day yesterday because we had a special multi-zone conference in Ceiba with President Klein. It was a wonderful day as it usually is when we get to spend time with President Klein. It was also great to see some of the other Hermanas, especially Hermana Francisco (my second companion). President Klein spoke about how the era of missionary work has ended. Our work now is the Work of Salvation. Our duty is to work with members to help everyone obtain Salvation. Our work doesn´t end at baptism.
A lot of things have happened this week. This week they divided my area because the hermanas in the other branch were working in a dangerous area. They were brought to our area to have a safe area to work. Part of our area was given to them. This brings it´s challenges seeing some of our investigators go with other missionaries.
On Friday we went to Tocoa for a zone conference. That´s right we had a zone conference on Friday and a multizone conference on Monday. My life has been super busy with traveling. I almost feel like I´m never in my area because I am traveling so much. They made a really interesting announcement. Starting this Saturday and ending this coming Monday all the missionaries in Honduras will be under house arrest. (Literally we cannot leave our house except for one hour for sacrament meeting and we have to come back to the house immediately after.) Because of the presidential elections in Honduras the church is worried about some political tension. The president gave us special permission on these days to watch some Disney movies, one per day. As a missionary you quickly find that is not much fun to be in the house all day. I hope my companion and I can find things to do these days. Today we are buying food to last us three days.
On Sunday we went to Tocoa again with the Branch for district conference. It was great! Since Olanchito is only a district, President Klein is the presiding authority and so he spoke at the district conference. We had six investigators attend the conference which is a miracle because they have to travel for one and half hours to get to Tocoa from Olanchito.
The work in the Bella Vista branch this week has been hard. This week I was brought to the edge. But thankfully I have a loving Heavenly Father who heard my prayers and answered them abundantly. Things are looking up.
No comments:
Post a Comment