Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Is it a puddle or is it a river?

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. I first want to give a birthday shout out to the best father in the whole wide world.This week has been a roller coaster of emotions but all in all it has been an amazing week.

Last Thursday President Klein came to Olanchito to visit the missionaries. He first came to visit Hermana Nunez, myself and Hermana Calix. We had a very special experience where he gave a blessing of health to one of our investigators. She has a major problem with an hernia and doesn´t have the money to have the surgery. After he went visiting with us, we went to dinner with all 8 missionaries in Olanchitio, the assistants to the President, the President of my branch and his wife, and President and Sister Klein. We went to a restaurant named Gordos. It was pretty fancy for a restaurant in Honduras. It was the first time I had been to a sit down restaurant since I left on my mission.

The next day we had a special reunion with President Klein. He told us the story of his conversion. It was a very personal story so I won´t be sharing it over the Internet.

Friday also marked the end of Hermana Calix´s mini mission. She is now home with her family. Hopefully her mission call will come soon. It is really weird now only having two of us.

Sunday was amazing day. We had 9 investigators come to church. This is truly a miracle because the past few weeks we have been struggling to even to get a few to come. Also one of them, the same one that President Klein gave the blessing to,  after Sunday school said she wanted to be baptized. This is a miracle because for weeks we having been struggling to get her to come to church a second time.
Hermana Orgill wishing her Dad Happy Birthday

Honduras - Country Side

The Streets in Olanchito!

On Sunday we had a major, major rain storm. It rained so hard that we started to have major flooding. It was flooding so bad that some of the streets became rivers. Hermana Nunez and I had a meeting that we needed to attend during the worst of the flooding.  We walked through water up to my knees. It was the first time since I have been in Honduras that I have seen so much water.

I hope everyone is doing well. Happy Birthday Daddy!

Love,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment