Sept. 20, 2013
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everything is going well. This past week has been crazy and I don´t think will be slowing down. To start off with the craziest...
Last week Hermana Nuñez and I were robbed. We were just walking from one appointment to the next at about 3:30 in the afternoon when three teenage boys surrounded us and demanded that we give them all our stuff. I lost my camera, about 25 dollars, my watch. A member in the branch was able to retrive my backpack, and my bible. But my bible was ruined because it was left out in the rain.
Last Friday we had an another wedding, Hector and Sadia. Then on Saturday was the baptism of Hector. It was another great baptism because Hector has changed his life immensly since I first met him.
Sunday we had a really spiritual expierence with a family we have been working with for a while. We watched the movie the "Testaments" with them. The husband accepted to be baptized after we watched the movie. The wife already had a date set for baptism but now they can be baptized as a family. Also, Sunday was Independance Day for Honduras.
Tuesday, Hermana Nuñez and I were running around Olanchito like crazy trying to help get the papers submitted to Muncipal for another wedding. Unfortunately, it was a random holiday in Honduras, and the Muncipal was closed. (I believe the holiday was teacher day or something like that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment