Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Flash Floods


Hola Mis Familia y Amigos,
I hope everyone is doing well. This past week has been really busy and we have many investigators.
1.Flash Flooding
I am getting good at predicting when there will be a bad rainstorm. The days when it is really hot it is going to rain later in that day. Last Wednesday, a bad storm came and within about 10 minutes we had a flood. The good thing is that the water goes away quickly after it rains. Then on Thursday night we had another bad storm. Our power went out. Fortunately we were in our house when the power went out. The power goes out a lot more then it does in the States.
2. Old School Buses
Have you ever wondered what happens to old school buses. All the old school buses from the United States are sold to countries in Central America and are used as public transportation.
3. Soup
The people of Honduras love to eat hot soup when it hot. The soup is probably my least favorite thing to eat here. It is also a little scary too. My companion said that it probably not a good idea for me to eat the soup because we don´t know how it was prepared and what is in the soup. I kind of agree with her but I don´t want to offend anyone if I don´t eat their food.
4.Investigators
We are teaching a lot of investigators. Last Sunday we had 10 investigators attend church. We also a baptism scheduled for Saturday and two baptisms scheduled for Sunday. Nothing brightens my day more than when I teach a lesson and the investigator wants to hear more.
5.P Day
Today we had a P day with the zone. We had a water balloon fight. We did it Book of Mormon style. My team was the Lamenites and the other team was the Nephites. The Nephites won. Somehow the Nephites usually win. 
6.Happy Father´s Day
I wish every father a happy father´s day. Many of the people here don´t have a father in the home or they don´t know who their father is. I am really grateful to be blessed with a wonderful father.
7. Blessings
I didn´t realize how truely blessed I was until I came here. I was blessed with family, a nice home, and safe place to live. Many of these blessing people here don´t have. One couple my companion were trying to help them get married so the women could get baptized. So my companion went to the city building to enquire about the procedures. Here to get married costs a lot of money compared to the wages and the persons have to jump through a lot of hoops. Although there are  flaws in the legal system in the states, it is a lot easier to get married in the states then here in Honduras.
May God ALWAYS be with you. I am grateful for all the love and support.
Con Carino,
Hermana Lindsey Orgill



Today their Zone (group of Elders and Sisters) having a balloon fight on their preparation day.

1 comment:

  1. Hermana Orgill,

    Thanks for posting photos and info on this site. It makes it easier for us to keep track of you.

    My prayers are with you. Keep posting. Your parents are so proud!

    Sister Laurie Littledike

    ReplyDelete