Hola Famila y Amigos,
I hope everyone is doing well. This week has been full of ups and downs but I am grateful to be here.
1.This week I had my first Baptism!
A girl we have been teaching was baptized on Saturday. It is an awesome expierence to see a person countenance change when they except the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. Barbie Lookalike
While teaching a lesson this week, a lady told me I look like Barbie. I never thought anyone would say that about me. Haha. Here I get tons of comments about my eyes being blue.
3. The perks of doing laundry outside
I don´t don´t have a washing machine. So we do all of our laundry by hand. I have a picture of where we wash our cloths. I will send it in another email. One of my articles of clothing because it was being aired dried has a very special gift from the birds.
4. Savannah
My area is very large. We often have to take some sort of public transport to get to different areas we need to be in. One of the places we have in our area is called Savannah. Savannah is up in the hills. Last Wednesday, we hiked up in the mountains up to Savannah. Its probably a two or three mile hike up there. Its a very beautiful hike but very steep.
5. Mototaxi
One of the means of transport here are motor taxis. Mototaxis are carts that take people all around. I have ridden in a couple of mototaxis. The are a little scary. Especially on a bumpy dirt road.
6. New Investigators
This week we found new investigators that seem really interested. One of the investigators is name Salvador. He is a middle aged man. He is deeply religious and he has been reading the Book of Mormon.
7. Church
One of the things that has been comforting to me is that our church is the same no matter where you are. So many things are vastly different. But The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints remains the same.
Thank you everyone for your love and support. Abbie thank you for your sweet letter. I love receiving letters.
No comments:
Post a Comment