Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 14, 2013 - "I am now in Honduras"

Hola Familia y Amigos,

I arrived in Honduras yesterday. I made it there safely. I do not have much time.Mom I hope your mothers day was good. Monday was my last full day at the MTC. It was a hard day because I had to say goodbye to my district. My companion from the MTC was also going to Honduras. So I did not say goodbye to her until today. On Tuesday I left for the airport at 4 am. I first went from Guatemala then to El Salvador, then I went from then to San Pedro Sula. Honduras is different than Guatemala. Honduras seems more layed back and less populated then Guatemala. I received my companion today. Her name is Hermana Alverez. She is from Guatemala. She does not understand English. I better learn Spanish quickly. My area is La Lima. Today I went to a members house for lunch. They served soup with tongue in it. I started gaging down the tongue. My companion took pity on me and threw away the tongue before the member could notice. I need to get better at eating strange foods. My area is in the country. There is only few shops near the sisters house. This zone only has two sisters. My pday is on Mondays. So expect my next email then.


Love

Hermana Lindsey Orgill

No comments:

Post a Comment