Sept. 29, 2014
I hope everyone is doing well and is pumped to see General Conference. I know I am. I can´t believe I am writing my last email home.
My first day at the MTC in Guatemala, I was sitting waiting to get my picture taken and I noticed a glass window with the missionary purpose etched on it in spanish. Which is:
Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a que reciban el Evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucristo y Su expiación, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepción del don del Espíritu Santo y el perseverar hasta el fin.
Translated into English:
Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
I really like the last part in spanish. I like more the connotation of ´perseverar hasta el fin´. I am not just enduring to end but I am persevering to the end. So from that point on I made it my goal if I made it to the end of my mission to title my last email, Perseverar Hasta El Fin.
I am so grateful for my mission. I have learned so much. I have learned to rely on my Heavenly Father. To trust in his guidance. Through every experience I have had on the mission, I know I am a better person. This is not the end of sharing the gospel. But a start to sharing the gospel at home. I am so excited to share my experiences with my loved ones.
This past week I saw many miracles. First, yesterday all my converts in Mezapa attended church and five investigators. The miracle of these five investigators was they were investigators I taught months ago but I haven't taught them in a while. Yesterday, I also had the great opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting. I felt like it was the best talk I have given in Spanish. I didn’t feel nervous giving the talk and I felt the spirit leading me as I spoke.
On Saturday we traveled to Progresso to see the General Women's Meeting. It was also Carnival in Progresso so there were a ton of parties that day and unfortunately not many attended the meeting. I loved the meeting and how the focus was on covenants. After the meeting we stayed at the sisters house in Progresso and came back Sunday morning.
I love you all! I am excited to see you!
Love,
Hermana Orgill
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
2 Nephi 31:19-20
No comments:
Post a Comment