Aug. 25, 2014
Dear Family and Friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing great here in Mezapa. Last week we had transfers and I have a new companion. Her name is Hermana Calpa and she is from Columbia. She currently has served for 11 months in the mission. She is an awesome missionary. She is so loving and she has great desires to work hard. This helps me a lot keep up my desires to work hard.
Yesterday we had a super high attendance for the Branch. We had 101 people attend. I believe this is a high for the branch. When I came to Mezapa, the attendance was like 60. So I am super happy to be serving here in Mezapa. I am so blessed to see the progress of this branch in this short time.
Today we went to finka de palmeras (Palm Plantation) of a member here in Mezapa. A lot of people in Mezapa make their money from Palm Oil. It is a big industry here. I have included some pictures so enjoy!
I have been reflecting a lot on my mission lately. I think the mission has taught me many lessons. I have been preparing for the the Zone Conference that will be held in little over a week from now. Part of the preparation is to memorize Mosiah 2:41.
And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. Forbehold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven,that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.
Mosiah 2:41
I think this is one of the lessons that I have learned on the mission. Happiness comes from obedience to the commandments of God. God gives us commandments to bless our lives. The greatest blessing that we can have is to live together as families forever.
I know this gospel is true. I love my mission. I love this church.
Love,
Hermana Orgill
Monday, August 25, 2014
I am doing great here in Mezapa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment