My decision to go on a mission has not been an easy one. I've always knew it could be a possibility but I didn't know if it was the right choice for me. I started thinking more seriously about going on mission when I turned 20. During that year I kept debating with myself if a mission was the right choice for me. I knew missions were good but I didn't know if I was capable of giving the sacrifice that a mission requires. Then last fall I thought I had made my decision. I started and even submitted my application for student teaching. I thought the right path for me was to continue my education.
I went home the first week in October to watch LDS General Conference with my parents. That saturday everything changed.
After that announcement I knew without a shadow of a doubt. I needed to go on mission. The announcement in age change really didn't make difference to me. I would be 21 before I could leave anyway.
Why am I going on mission? I am going because I know this church is true. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want to share His gospel!
The decision to go on a mission is a very personal one. Its not the right decision for everyone, but for me it's the right one.
No comments:
Post a Comment